The advantages of the PV water heating system
The advantages of the PV water heating system compared to solar thermal water heating systems are as follows:
- Any existing geyser can be converted (we only cater for 100L, 150L and 200L geysers).
- No additional plumbing is required.
- Long pipe runs are eliminated.
- No pumps necessary to circulate water.
- No risk of damaged panels in frost prone areas.
- Water temperatures can be controlled on very hot summer days – eliminating risk of overheating.
- Suitable in all water conditions.
- Suitable for buildings where the geyser is not situated near the panels.
- No geysers and tanks exposed on the roof.
- Modular system – can be expanded to build off-grid power system for the home.